Before we start going through the list of 6 Best Email Service Platforms for Small Businesses, it is important to understand, the importance of email in the business world. Email is extremely important as it forms an integral part of how you communicate with your customers, vendors, and employees.
Because your email is so important zeroing down to the right email service provider for your email service needs can be quite a challenge as a business owner.
While every business has its own specific needs, there are few basic features that a good email should provide to start with. Here are few of the features that you should consider before choosing from 6 Best Email Service Platforms for Small Businesses
- Reliability: Your email needs to be always available. A downtime could mean lost or unhappy customers or clients. Therefore, your business email provider should be functioning when you need them to be.
- Security: Various confidential and crucial business information is shared via emails. At the same time, email hacks are an everyday reality. It is, therefore, important that your business email provider has strong measures to ensure your data safety and security.
- Ease of use: Ass you add more to your staff, it is important that the email service is easy to use. This will ensure maximum utilization and also reduce training time.
- Storage: You don’t want to run out on storage space. While selecting the provider, do check the space that will be allotted to your account.
- Integration: There are many productivity tools that businesses use to function efficiently like for example calendars. It is therefore important that these tools can be integrated into the email service.
- Advanced Features: Certain advanced features like recalling sent messages, scheduling tasks within emails etc. can be important to some businesses. Consider which advanced features will be required by your business and ensure it is there in your package.
- Archive options: It is vital to keep an accurate record of email conversations for businesses. Therefore, a provider should be able to help you save, store and organize your email messages.
- Spam filters: Spam emails can be huge time wasters for you and your employees making it important for your provider to be capable of filtering your inbox.
- Reputation: Your email address is an integral part of your business identity that your prospects will see. Having a reputed email provider will surely help to build the trust required in your initial conversations.
Now that we have discussed what to look for in an email service platforms, let’s see few of the options which are great to start off for your business.
Top 6 Email Service Platforms for Small Businesses
Gmail is one of the best popular and free email service providers which are used for both personal and business communications. It is part of “Google Apps for Work” which includes Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Drive and more that is enough for a small business.
Being owned by the search giant Google, it has a powerful search utility and filter system. It is very reputed and has advanced features like undo send and email forwarding. It also has strong security systems and spam filters.
The basic version is free but one can purchase the premium service with more features to scale with your business.
Microsoft’s Outlook.com is another strong option for the email provider. It integrates well with other popular software and has advanced features like Undelete (recover an accidental email message) or Clutter (Identify and separate low priority emails from the inbox). Outlook.com is a secure platform which makes it difficult for hackers to access accounts.
Rackspace webmail comes with 100% Uptime Guarantee and free migration service while switching from existing mail provider. Gives you access to mail from Outlook and mobile apps via IMAP. There are three layers of scanning for spam and virus protection.
All plans – paid or unpaid – include a 100% uptime guarantee, and top-quality 24x7x365 support via chat, ticket or phone to quickly solve any issues that might crop up.
Amazon WorkMail gives you enterprise-grade security and option to choose data storage location by selecting the AWS region. It came out of preview mode back in January 2016. Email and calendar can be integrated with Microsoft Outlook client and accessed via web browser, native iOS, and Android app.
Zoho Mail has several premium levels available, there is also a free level available that allows you to have up to 25 users which are enough for most of the small businesses.It has antivirus protection and spam filtering features.
It integrates well with integrates with other Zoho productivity tools such as calendar, tasks, and notes. Though many of the free email services use advertisements to pay for the service, Zoho Mail even at the free level does not run advertisements.
GMX Mail is another email service that offers free unlimited email storage. There is a spam protection feature to help keep your inbox spam-free as well as a virus protection feature. GMX Organizer can help you to manage your appointments
Its mobile interface is very popular. An interesting feature in GMX is that it allows you to define how long your email messages are stored. For example, if you want each message in your Trash folder to stay there only two days, define two days as the storage time for messages in that folder.
This curated list of 6 Best Email Service Platforms for Small Businesses should help you to pick the most suited email platform for your business. But, before you start looking for an email provider, decide which features are most important for your needs and identify an email service provider that offers those features for free or at an affordable price.
With the right information will surely help you make the right decision.
DID YOU KNOW PRINTING 100 BUSINESS CARDS COULD COST RS 1000? Click to know why.